In an effort to provide comprehensive and quality care to our patients and families, the following is a list of services that the Chicago Pediatric Clinic offers:
- Prenatal and physician introduction consults
- Comprehensive physical exams from birth through age 21
- General Pediatric Care
- Well Child Check Ups
- Medical Consultations
- Preventive Medicine
- Morning Sick visits
- Specialized consultations regarding school performance, behavioral problems, growth and developmental concerns, family dynamics, nutritional counseling
- Vaccine Information & Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System
- Presurgical evaluations
- 24 hour physician availability for urgent concerns
- Health forms for school, sports participation and summer camp
- Participation with nearly every major insurance carrier
- Electronic medical records initiated in 2012 to accurately and efficiently track history, medications and all medical information
- Coordination of care with hospitals, specialists and schools to ensure that families are receiving the care they need.
Well Child Check Ups/Physicals
Well child visits are a time to not only see how your child is growing and to keep current with immunizations, but it also gives parents the chance to raise questions and concerns about their child’s development, behavior, and general well-being — questions that are often difficult to discuss during sick visits.
Preventive care is a crucial part of your child’s total health care and these visits are important even when your child is healthy. These appointments are scheduled to allow the physician additional time to assess and discuss your child’s health and to address your concerns and answer any questions you may have.
Well visits can be made with any physician in the practice. The physicians share all of the patients. Therefore, you can choose which doctor your child sees for each well visit. In general, the further in advance you call, the more likely you are to get an appointment with the doctor of your choice. We have evening appointments available for well exams during the weekdays.
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends the following immunization schedule and well child checkups as outlined in the schedule below:
Sick Visits are for children with acute illnesses that have arisen within 24-48 hours. Sick hours are not to be used for chronic illnesses, complicated problems, psychological conditions, routine exams or blood work. These conditions are best treated by scheduling an appointment.
During our sick hours we call patients on a first-come, first-served basis unless we have determined a case to be urgent. We will try to see each patient as quickly as possible, but we have no way of telling how long your wait may be. If you are unable to wait, please schedule an appointment for a later date.